A Nuc (or Nucleus) Box is used to hive a small colony of bees – it is ideal for catching swarms, or raising a split to expand your apiary
The Hive Doctor coreflute Nuc box has patented Heat Sealing Technology that is used to seal the edges, which improves thermal efficiency and helps your bees retain warmth and a more consistent temperature.
Not all corflute nuc’s are created equal. This technology is patented and unique to Hive Doctor’s corflute Nuc.
NEW – Smart Lock Lid
Our Hive Doctor Smart Nucs just got smarter with the addition of our new ‘smart lock’ lid. Specifically developed for the Hive Doctor Nuc, newly designed plastic clips fit onto the outer edge of the lid and lock securely onto the main body of the Nuc once closed. The new ‘smart lock’ lid is a significant improvement over traditional Velcro dots. For extra security during transportation we always recommend using a nuc strap!
- New clipping mechanism that holds tight without velcro dots.
- This cost effective, light-weight, and can be assembled in 60 seconds.
- UV Rated and Water Proof with an 80kg stackable capability.
- Strong Fluteboard® material to increase lifespan, especially where folds and tabs have repeat use.
- Patented heat sealed edges create air pockets which increase insulation levels.
- Customisable ventilation – easily increase ventilation to meet your specific hive management needs.
- Bottom mounted queen excluder (optional accessory) allows you to create splits directly into the Nuc.
For instructions on how to assemble these boxes, please see the attached video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1A51Pn7MGQ
Individual price = $18.50ea. inc
25 Nuc boxes = 1 carton – $17ea. inc
100 Nuc boxes = 4 cartons – $16ea. inc
Contact us for further discounts on direct purchase and/or larger orders.